“If we take care of the client, everything else takes care of itself.”
For John David Hart, the practice of law comes down to one thing: people. People who have been damaged, or even devastated, by a tragic event. People who desperately need someone who not only cares about them, but also has the legal expertise and tenacity to act on their behalf. Practicing law since 1981, John has made a career of helping people.
A trial lawyer for more than 30 years, John David Hart has successfully tried many complex cases in the areas of catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, trucking accidents, serious automobile and motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, oil and gas litigation, product liability, traumatic brain injury, and commercial litigation, among others. He has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification. John is also board certified as a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate and Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification. John’s expertise in personal injury and complex civil litigation has afforded him much recognition by his peers and professional organizations. But for John David Hart, no honor matches the satisfaction of doing what he has always believed the law was meant to do: help people.
When he is not in the office or in the courtroom, John enjoys spending time with his family. Currently, John devotes his spare time to coaching his son’s recreational basketball team.
- Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification
- Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Certification
- Civil Pre-Trial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
- Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
HONORS, RECOGNITION & MEMBERSHIPS
American Association for Justice, Member.
Thomson Reuters’ Texas Super Lawyer, 2003-2013 – John has been recognized for ten consecutive years as one of the top personal injury attorneys in Texas based on a statewide poll of practicing Texas lawyers. Fewer than five percent of the attorneys in the state are included on the list.
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – Member.
American Board of Trial Advocates, Member.
College of the State Bar of Texas, Member.
Baylor University School of Law – Waco, Texas
Juris Doctorate, 1981
Baylor University – Waco, Texas, 1976-1979
Austin College – Sherman, Texas, 1975-1976
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
LEGAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Association
- Dallas County Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association (President, 2002; Director, 1992-1993; 1994-2002)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Director, 1999-2004)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Fort Worth Chapter)
- Lawyer Pilot’s Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Speaker and Author, Texas Trial Lawyers Association Seminars